Global Markets IT Risk, P&L department (GM RiPL) is in charge of developing applications to support
systems for Risk, P&L, and the management of Referential data for Global Markets.
Risk is a compass for many aspects of the business, and we develop systems to assess and report on
this, providing risk assessment tools for all trades across all asset classes traded by a full service
investment bank. These overnight or real-time tools incorporate a large element of modelling and
draw on the work of the quantitative research teams. To compute all the necessary indicators, they
need the huge processing power of the bank’s computation farm.
The P&L systems are designed to assess how much money the bank makes or loses, and why. We
support management in analyzing issues such as whether the results are due to market trends or
trading strategy, or whether traders are completing a few high-risk, high-margin trades or a large
volume of low-risk, low-margin one
• Work as a business aligned RAD developer in the front office Technology team
Becket House, 1 Lambeth Palace Road,
SE1 7EU, London
Phone : +44 (0) 7729896670
• Work on the enhancement and maintenance of the RAD FO reporting, market data
contribution, risk and PnL framework.
• Use Rapid Application Development techniques for quick turn-around of high-profile
Experience & Skills
• Previous experience of front-office risk and PnL support and development.
• Good understanding of fixed income products.
• Good knowledge of JAVA/ C#, C++ Python, Excel / VBA, SQL (SQL Server, Oracle).
• Candidates with proven experience should also have had good exposure to derivatives,
ideally in a front-office facing role, and an in-depth understanding of the business.
• Solid grasps of JAVA / C# / Python, with a good knowledge of its ecosystem.
• Highly motivated to work directly for a front-office IT team.
• Proactive and flexible approach to dealing with challenges.
• Strong communication and analytical skills – able to work with trading desks, business
management, Quantitative Research and IT teams to build and deliver solutions.
• Analytical Skills – ability to follow complex quantitative concepts.
• Able to work independently and deliver when under pressure and time constraints.
• Acts with discipline.
• Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct.
• Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing
• Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making
decisions, and escalate issues to the manager when unsure